8 Ideas to Make Your Romantic Getaways in Lake County Memorable
This Valentine’s, go ahead and plan your next getaway, whenever it may fall on the calendar. We have suggestions for a Lake County trip that can spark romance any time of year. Are you a foodie in love with the natural beauty of Northern California? Eager to savor wine tasting in the region’s latest hotspot? This NorCal vacation to-do list will get you out to see the sights, taste the best of wine country, and tuck you in at a top area destination.
8 Ways to Love Lake County
- A stay in the Deluxe Jacuzzi Lakeside room at The Lodge at Blue Lakes. You’ll love the old-world hospitality and the luxe modern interiors.
- A daytime Upper Blue Lake cruise. Take one of The Lodge’s electric boats for an afternoon in the sun. Don’t forget to bring along wine and cheese!
- Sunday brunch with live music. You can enjoy both at the Blue Wing Saloon.
- The summer concert series in Library Park. Performances take place on the shores of Clear Lake.
- Tasting in California’s hottest new wine country region.
- Brassfield Estate Winery This iconic estate hosts private “Farm to Bottle” tours year round. See photo above for a glimpse of this stunning location. Reserve in advance.
- Cache Creek WineryFamily vineyard that reduces pesticide use through sustainable farming. Don’t forget to visit their well-stocked deli case for your picnic supplies.
- Langtry Estate & VineyardsVisit Valentine’s weekend for a special Petite Sirah Port tasting, plus a special port and dark chocolate bundle offering.
- Vigilance Winery & VineyardsTake in the gorgeous views from this hilltop winery, which uses sustainable farming practices.
- Six Sigma Ranch & WineryPrivate tastings available (please phone ahead) in Six Sigma’s hillside cave, where winemakers offer samples directly from the barrel.
- A night of fun at Running Creek Casino. Enjoy a casual dinner at the Wild Creek Cafe.
- With the clearest skies in the U.S., Lake County offers a dazzling display of constellations most nights of the year. For a hands on experience, visit the Taylor Observatory, which boasts a research-grade telescope that detects thousands of stars.
- Hiking together to the top of iconic Mount Konocti – a dormant volcano responsible for much of the rich soils producing our region’s award-winning wines – complete with a stunning view of Clear Lake that you’ll remember for a lifetime.
It’s been called the “next wine country” and one of the most affordable regions to visit in northern California, so come discover our hidden gem called Lake County. We at The Lodge At Blue Blue Lakes are here to help guide your way.