Waiver of Liability Relating to COVID-19
The novel coronavirus, COVID-19, has been declared a worldwide pandemic by the World Health Organization. COVID-19 is reported to be extremely contagious. The state of medical knowledge is evolving, but the virus is believed to spread from person-to-person.
The Lodge at Blue Lakes, which is operated by Royal Cove., LLC dba the Lodge at Blue Lakes, cannot prevent you or your child(ren) from becoming exposed to, contracting, or spreading COVID-19 while utilizing the Lodge at Blue Lakes’ services or premises. Therefore, if you choose to utilize the Lodge at Blue Lakes’ services or enter onto the Lodge at Blue Lakes’ premises you may be exposing yourself to and/or increasing your risk of contracting or spreading COVID-19.
By staying with us, you are providing confirmation to the following:
- You have read and understood the above warning concerning COVID-19.
- You hereby choose to accept the risk of contracting COVID-19 for myself and/or my children and/or my pets to utilize the Lodge at Blue Lakes’ services and enter onto its premises. These services are of such value that you accept the risk of yourself (or your child(ren)) being exposed to, contracting, and/or spreading COVID-19 to utilize the Lodge at Blue Lakes’ services and premises in person.
- You understand that you have the option to shelter in place in your own home, and limit your interactions to phone, videoconference, and contactless delivery; but you decline to do so.
- You hereby forever release and waive your right to bring suit against Royal Cove, LLC dba the Lodge at Blue Lakes, along with its owners, officers, directors, managers, officials, trustees, agents, employees, contractors, volunteers, landlords, lessors, licensors, other representatives, or affiliates, in connection with exposure, infection, and/or spread of COVID-19 related to utilizing the Lodge at Blue Lakes’ services and premises.
- You understand that this waiver means you give up your right to bring any claims including for personal injuries, death, disease or property losses, or any other loss, including but not limited to claims of negligence and give up any claim you may have to seek damages, whether known or unknown, foreseen, or unforeseen.
- You further agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless the Released Parties from and against any and all costs, expenses, damages, claims, lawsuits, judgments, losses, and/or liabilities (including attorney fees) arising either directly or indirectly from or related to any and all claims made by or against any of the Released Parties due to bodily injury, death, loss of use, monetary loss, or any other injury from or related to my use of the Lodge at Blue Lakes’ services and premises, whether caused by the negligence of the Released Parties or otherwise related to COVID-19.
- You understand and agree that the laws of the State of California will apply to this contract.
- You have read and fully understood all provisions of the liability waiver, and freely and knowingly assume the risk, waive your potential rights, and agree to the above.
Learn to protect yourself, your loved ones, and our community by reading through our Guest Guidelines and Health Survey in our Safety Measures page.